from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2e7Bxpi via abstranslate.jimdo.com
Ground Bison with Cannellini, Kale & a Poached Egg!
This recipe made for a really healthy and delicious dinner that Ben and I couldn’t get enough of! It’s another installment from Bon Appétit’s “Cooking without Recipes” but for this I’ve made some edits and transcribed the dish into a true recipe for you all. Make this a low budget dinner by subbing lean, ground chicken or beef for the bison!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 can cannellini beans (garbanzo work too!)
- 1 lb ground bison or substitute ground chicken, turkey or beef for alternative protein
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 bunch of kale
- Parmesan to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- A poached egg* (optional but recommended)
- Drain and rinse beans and set aside.
- Heat a medium size skillet and add 1 tbsp oil. When shimmering, add bison to the pan and cook until browned. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beans and mix well with the bison.
- Add the white wine, plus a little extra if the mixture gets too dry. Then add kale and cook until wilted but still brightly green.
- Top off with remaining oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix well and then serve in a bowl or small plate. Finally, place poached egg on top. Enjoy!
*Poached egg instructions:
- This is literally the best way I’ve ever poached an egg. First, take a small bowl or cup and fill with ½ cup distilled white vinegar. Carefully crack egg into the vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes or until your water is ready.
- Meanwhile, fill a small sauce pan with 2 inches or so water and bring to a rapid boil.
- When boiling, use a whisk and quickly stir clockwise, creating a vortex in the sauce pan.
- Drop your egg into the center so the egg whites swirl around the yolk and poach the egg. Reduce heat and let water simmer one to two minutes, while swirling the water with the whisk every so often. Use a slotted spoon remove egg! Done!