from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2e1hhaR via abstranslate.jimdo.com
MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER RICE
This simple Mexican inspired dish of Cauliflower “Rice” uses finely chopped cauliflower, which makes a fantastic low-carb, grain-free stand in for rice. You can season it many different ways but this phase 1 recipe is sautéed with tomatoes, onion powder, jalapeno, spices… and the savory smell it leaves in the kitchen, mmmmmm.
• 4 cups cauliflower crumbles
(or pulse in magic bullet until you get rice size grains)
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 2 medium plum tomatoes, small dice
• 1 jalapeno, seeds and membrane removed, minced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• ½ teaspoon cumin
• ¼ smoked paprika
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon IP salt
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• chopped cilantro, garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion powder and sauté until just tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cauliflower, sauté until the cauliflower is just tender, 2 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir to evenly coat the vegetables and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Add chopped cilantro and serve.