from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2dr0ZGu via abstranslate.jimdo.com
Totally Addictive Asian Beef Slaw
SERVES: 2 complete phase 1 suppers
(Entire recipe = 16 oz. lean protein + 4 C. veggies; eating ½ the recipe = 8 oz. lean protein + 2 C. veggies. You will be using all your oil for one day in ½ the recipe.)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 ½ Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 ½ C shredded cabbage (white and red)
½ C thinly sliced red pepper
salt & pepper, to taste
Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, garnish
½ tsp Splenda
½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp Tamari or low sodium soy sauce
½ tsp sesame oil
Dash of hot sauce, to taste
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over med heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl, whisk.
3. Drain fat from the ground beef, remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same fry pan heat the olive oil over med heat, add garlic, cabbage and red pepper. Stir fry until cabbage is slightly wilted with a bit of crunch.
5. Stir in the sauce and add the meat; stir to combine, garnish with chopped cilantro. Best served hot.