from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2dm8Jsa via abstranslate.jimdo.com
Vegan French Toast
Light and Fluffy vegan take on the classic breakfast food.
- 4 Slices of Texas toast
- ½ Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegan milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup of sugar of your choice (I used coconut sugar)
- Topping of your choice, for example:
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate sauce
- Powdered sugar
1. Mash the Banana with a fork or puree it with a food processor, you want it to be as smooth as possible with minimal to no lumps at all.
2. In a shallow dish, combine banana, dairy free milk and vanilla until smooth.
3. Heat up pan on medium high heat and melt the coconut oil. Once the oil has melted lower to medium heat.
4. Dip the toast slices into the liquid quickly (Do not soak!) on each side and transfer to the pan.
5. Cook until each side turns brown, then remove from heat
6. Put the Toast into the cinnamon and sugar mixture, coating each side.
7. Now you can top your french toast with whatever topping you desire!