from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2aVA0A0 via abstranslate.jimdo.com
Vegan Lentil “Sloppy Joes”
- 1 x 420g can of lentils
- 50 g brown rice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp chipotle Tabasco sauce
- First rinse the rice, then add to a saucepan along with the lentils and cover with water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-tick frying pan and cook the onion until soft, then add the cumin, cinnamon and tomato purée. Cook for another minute before adding the tomatoes, chilli flakes, liquid smoke and Tabasco.
- Finally, add the cooked lentils and brown rice to the pan and cook for a further couple of minutes. Season to taste :)
Notes: I wanted to use up some leftover rice and lentils that I’d made the day before but felt they were a little bland, so I spiced them up a bit and threw them in a wrap with some violife cheese and sour cream :) They were definitely easier to eat in the wrap than the next day in the burger (above).
Serves 4, 129 calories