Tuesday, August 2, 2016

laura-losesit: FMLS90 Day 1 ! Hi guys ! I’m Laura. I’m 21 (22...



laura-losesit:

FMLS90 Day 1 !
Hi guys ! I’m Laura. I’m 21 (22 in September) and I’m a child and youth care practitioner student. I love to read, crochet, go for walks, watch Netflix, spend time with family and friends, workout, cook and I love cuddling animals. I have PCOS and have managed to lose about 55 pounds over the past year and a half on my own. I find slow and steady is the best way to go for me.

I have an amazing support network. My mom and dad are super supportive. My mom and dad are always willing to try healthy recipes with me and go on walks with me but if it’s one of those nights where I need a bottle of wine and some mac n cheese, they’ll be the ones running to the store to get me some haha. They always respect where I’m at in life and I absolutely love them for it. They also let me live at home rent free while I’m completing post secondary which I am beyond grateful for. My boyfriend is also amazing and is always cheering me on and cooking food with me ! He also just got a new pair of shoes that he calls his walking shoes so that we can go on walks together.

My biggest struggle is definitely the lack of structure I have in the summer. During the school year I am SO FREAKIN BUSY that I just have a routine that I stick to or else I’ll go mad. So as a result I never missed a day at the gym and I ate really well because packing lunches/preparing breakfast ahead of time had to be a part of my routine for the sake of my sanity. In the summer, I’m just babysitting here and there so I have way too much free time and lack of structure. So I often find myself saying “oh I’ll go to the gym later” or “oh I’ll think of something to cook later” and that’s when I end up having a few drinks on the deck and then not working out and eating something not so healthy.

Over the next 3 months the 3 habits I would like to work on are :
1. Workout (at least 20 minutes) 4 times a week. I’m really inconsistent with working out. I’ll go on a kick for like a month or 2 and then not work out for a month or 2.
2. Limit takeout to 2 times a month.
Maybe I’ll start with once a week and then reduce it to twice a month. I’ll also try to make healthier choices if/when I get takeout. Like getting subway instead of McDonald’s.
3. Mindfulness/Selfcare. At least 10 minute of mindfulness/self care everyday. This is something that I have not taken enough time to do lately and I find that as a result my anxiety has been really bad. Here are some activities I’m thinking I can choose from each day:
- journaling
- crocheting
- make some tea
- Guided meditation (app or YouTube)
- Colouring
- Reading
- light some scented candles or incense and just chill

I think right now I’m going to start working on the mindfulness and self care because it’s really needed. Also I’m at a cottage with my family and don’t want to worry too much about working out since I’m active and running around doing stuff an swimming anyways !

Tagging my accountability partner @stronger-kail ! Hope you’re having a lovely day lady ! I’ll try to keep up with these posts this week even though I’m at the cottage. I seem to have a little down time in the evening !

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2aMSqYj via abstranslate.jimdo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment