from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2dJE1tr via abstranslate.jimdo.com
Recipe #1- made with Puree Veggies
Braised Celery, Mushroom, & Garlic Puree
1 lb mushrooms Your fav spices – IP salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary etc
4 ribs celery 1 cup Chicken Broth
4 cloves garlic Lightly spray a fry pan with EVOO
1. Chop celery in thin slices, place in fry pan, cooking at medium heat ~5-8 minutes until they start turning translucent.
2. While the celery is sauteing, wash & thinly slice the mushrooms, add to the fry pan
3. Dice the garlic, add to the pan, and allow to brown slightly while adding your spices to taste
4. Add Chicken Broth to just barely cover vegetables and allow to simmer over low heat ~10 minutes
5. Pour into a blender and puree until smooth (be careful, hot steam!) add spices to taste
*I use this as ‘gravy’ over my meat as well as a soup thickener.
*Recently I roasted a turkey and after chilling and skimming the fat from the pan drippings I added this.
SAUCE / GRAVY
Recipe #2- made with IP soup packet
1 IP Chicken or Leek Soup packet
Pour 6.5 oz. (200 ml) of hot (not boiling) water into a bowl. Add one packet of Ideal Protein Chicken Soup or Leek Soup and mix with a mixer or hand mixer. Serve over vegetables and/or meat. Add more or less water depending on how thick you prefer the sauce.